Assistant Governors (AGs) are appointed annually by the District Governor to serve at the district level for a maximum term of three years. AGs have the responsibility of assisting the governor with the administration of their assigned clubs within their clusters and helping them to reach district goals. They should:
- Meet with and assist the incoming presidents before the beginning of the Rotary year to review the Club Leadership Plan, discuss club goals and review Rotary Club Central.
- Visit each club regularly, preferably monthly, with a minimum of one visit each quarter of the Rotary year. Build relationships with the clubs as friend, supporter and resource.
- Help plan joint club projects and promote inter club social and fellowship programs. AGs are encouraged to have quarterly gatherings of Presidents and Club officers.
- Attend club fund-raisers and projects, inaugurations and events.
- Keep the governor informed of the progress of the clubs, suggesting ways to enhance Rotary development and addressing problems.
- Assist the governor elect with the selection of district committees.
- Work to ensure that club presidents, officers, and members come to relevant district training and seminars and promote the district conference.
- Come to district leadership and AG training, PETS, district assembly, district conference and all other relevant Rotary events.
- Meet deadlines for District and RI reports and respond promptly to requests from RI and District officers.
- Be enthusiastic about Rotary, have fun and be ready to continue to serve “Beyond the club level.”
- Submit Quarterly Club Visit to DG, including Name of AG, Date Visited, Club Name, Mileage Memo
|Assistant Governor Area 1|
Club: Franklin At Breakfast
Area 1 Clubs: Brentwood, Brentwood Morning, Cool Springs, Downtown Franklin, Franklin At Breakfast, Franklin Noon Rotary
|Assistant Governor Area 2|
Area 2 Clubs: Lawrenceburg, Lewisburg, Pulaski, Waynesboro
|Assistant Governor Area 3|
Frank McGinley Jr.
Area 3 Clubs: Bolivar, Clifton, Pickwick Landing, Savannah, Selmer
|Assistant Governor Area 5|
Thomas D. Russell III
Area 5 Clubs: Brownsville, Covington, Halls-Gates, Ripley, Somerville
|Assistant Governor Area 6|
James Thomas Goodrum Jr.
Area 6 Clubs: Dyersburg, Dyersburg Breakfast, Humboldt, Newbern, Trenton
|Assistant Governor Area 7|
Clark M. Brown
Area 7 Clubs: Camden, Gleason, McKenzie, Paris
|Assistant Governor Area 8|
Area 8 Clubs: Gallatin, Gallatin Morning, Hendersonville, Hendersonville Evening, Portland, Springfield, White House
|Assistant Governor Area 9|
Michael J. Babb
Club: Franklin At Breakfast
Area 9 Clubs: Donelson-Hermitage, Green Hills - Nashville, Madison-Goodlettsville, Nashville, Nashville Sunset
|Assistant Governor Area 10|
Phillip J. Barnett
Club: Murfreesboro Breakfast
Area 10 Clubs: Murfreesboro, Murfreesboro Breakfast, Smyrna
|Assistant Governor Area 11|
Robert L. Huffman
Club: Clarksville (Sunrise)
Area 11 Clubs: Clarksville, Clarksville (Sunrise), Clarksville Sunset, Dickson/High Noon, Erin, Good Morning Rotary
|Assistant Governor Area 12|
Robert Scott Conger
Area 12 Clubs: Jackson, Jackson Good Morning!, Jackson-Old Hickory, Lexington, Milan
|Assistant Governor Area 13|
Area 13 Clubs: Dresden, Greenfield, Martin, Union City
|Assistant Governor Area 14|
Club: Columbia Breakfast
Area 14 Clubs: Columbia, Columbia Breakfast, Mt. Pleasant, Spring Hill-Thompson Station