District Governor 2017-2018
Franklin at Breakfast Rotary Club
Rotary: Making A Difference
Jerome Bannister joined Rotary in 1999 and is a member of the Franklin at Breakfast Club in Franklin, Tennessee. Jerome is in technology sales for Graybar Electric. He is a multi-level Paul Harris Society Member and his wife and sons are also Paul Harris fellows. Jerome was president of the Franklin Rotary at Breakfast, 2007-2008 where he implemented the Dictionary Project for which provides dictionaries for 3rd grade students in Williamson County Schools and Franklin Special School District. During his term, under his leadership, the club earned the Governor’s Award for Most Outstanding District Club for 2007-2008. This was only the second time in District history that this award has been given to a club. Jerome has served as facilitator and trainer for Mid-South PETS (President Elect Training Seminar) 2008-2011; Assistant Governor over four clubs, 2010-2012; District Finance Committee, 2009-2011, District Membership Committee 2009-2010 and District Secretary 2015-2016. Outside of Rotary, Jerome enjoys golf and photography. He has served as Sports Booster Club President for Page High School for five years and volunteered for the Boys and Girls Club Wine Down Main Street Fund Raiser for 16 years. He was also an assistant Boy Scout Leader with Troop 135 for 6 years. Jerome’s wife of 31 years is Candida Bannister (Member of Rotary Club of Downtown Franklin) and a Business Intelligence Analyst with Premise Health. They have two sons, Ethan and Austin.
PROTOCOL ASSOCIATED WITH THE OFFICIAL VISIT OF THE DISTRICT GOVERNOR
- Confirm the date of the District Governor’s official visit with DG and the club.
- Confirm that the clubs have arranged accommodation for the DG and their partner. Hotel accommodation is recommended.
- Check the meeting time and location. The board meeting should be held before or after the regular club meeting.
- Encourage clubs to invite family members and their friends, Rotaract and Interact Club members.
- Ensure the club does not have any other guest speaker on the day of the DG’s official visit.
- Ensure the clubs give timely notice should the DG be required to perform an important duty at the official visit, such as induct a new member or PHF, etc.