District Governor 2016-2017
Gallatin Rotary Club
Rotary Serving Humanity
Chuck Barnett, a member of the Gallatin Rotary Club in Gallatin, TN, is an information technology consultant and owner of Sumner Technology Group. He was born in Nashville and raised in northern Sumner County where he went Westmoreland High School. He attended the University of Tennessee at Martin where he majored in Computer Science.
Chuck joined Rotary in 2002 after being asked to lunch by his chiropractor. He was put to work quickly in the club by taking over as the bulletin editor. He has served as a board member, past president, vice president, secretary and youth exchange officer in his club. Chuck served three years as an Assistant Governor and serves as the Technology Support chair for the district. He has also served on the Grant Allocation Committee and the Finance Committee.
Outside of Rotary, Chuck enjoys ATV riding, kayaking and target shooting. Chuck is married to Amy; they have three children: Abigail (PHF), Chet & Amelia. You will find Abigail at many Rotary meetings with Chuck. She attended her first RI convention in Chicago when she was 3 months old.
PROTOCOL ASSOCIATED WITH THE OFFICIAL VISIT OF THE DISTRICT GOVERNOR
- Confirm the date of the District Governor’s official visit with DG and the club.
- Confirm that the clubs have arranged accommodation for the DG and their partner. Hotel accommodation is recommended.
- Check the meeting time and location. The board meeting should be held before or after the regular club meeting.
- Encourage clubs to invite family members and their friends, Rotaract and Interact Club members.
- Ensure the club does not have any other guest speaker on the day of the DG’s official visit.
- Ensure the clubs give timely notice should the DG be required to perform an important duty at the official visit, such as induct a new member or PHF, etc.